Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue hbase Api Error: TSocket read 0 bytes

Contributor

After enabling hbase 

Enable HBase Thrift Server Framed Transport
HUE connection to view Hbase tables returns hbase Api Error: TSocket read 0 bytes
on just getting a table list

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Solved - 

Cannot use Thrift2

Enable HBase Thrift Server Framed Transport hbase.regionserver.thrift.framed true

HBase Thrift Server Type hbase.regionserver.thrift.server.type must be TThreadPoolServer

cannot use THsHaServer or TNonblockingServer or framed transport

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Cloudera Employee

You do not need to add anything to hue.ini (Cloudera Manager configures this for you).

Suspect some dependency is not right when you added Hue. Can you delete and add Hue service again with proper dependencies?

AddHue.png

Super Guru
Yes and also please share the list of instances you have in the HBase
service in CM.

Romain

New Contributor

Hi Romain

I have a Cloudera manager 5.2 cluster with one namenode and three datanodes.I have encountered a similar issue (Api Error: TSocket read 0 bytes) while starting hbase in hue.I have followed your blog and have made  required changes but still the issue is not resolved.I have deployed thrift instance and region server for datanode and namenode in hbase.I have tried reinstalling hue but failed. All service are working independently from command line Ex hbase shell,impala-shell etc. Could you please help me to resolve this issue.?

Super Collaborator

Go to the http://<hueserver>:<port>/desktop/dump_config and in the "Configuration Sections and Variables" section go to hbase and confirm that "hbase_clusters" points to the correct thrift server. If that's not correct, confirm in the Hue service-wide config that you have the Hbase service selected. If that is correct, then go to the Hbase service configuration and check to see if this property is enabled, "Enable HBase Thrift Server Framed Transport".  If it is, try unchecking it and restarting the Hbase thrift server and see if that works.

Thank you CConner. The above solution works. 

I ensured again that the correct Hbase Thrift server was being used. I then went to the Hbase Thrift server Configuration, unchecked the "Enable Hbase Thrift Server Framed Transport" (hbase.regionserver.thrift.framed) and restarted the Thrift server. It was only after this that the "Api socket error" on Hue disappeared and I was able to view the Hbase tables on Hue.

Appreciate all your help! 

Regards,

Yogesh

Super Collaborator

Glad to hear that worked!  Hue doesn't currently support Framed Thrift to Hbase.  It's on the roadmap, but not sure when.

Super Guru
Good to know!

'framed' should work be it would need to be set in the Hue config too:

[hbase]

# 'buffered' is the default of the HBase Thrift Server and supports
security.
# 'framed' can be used to chunk up responses,
# which is useful when used in conjunction with the nonblocking server in
Thrift.
## thrift_transport=buffered

Romain

Explorer

I done same changes, but still not working please let me know still need to change more.

Super Guru
Could you share the hbase-site.xml and the hue.ini?

Explorer

Could you please tell me where need to attach the files. I can see there only image files there.

When i am copying entire files content its throwing please enter valied URI .Please let me know how share files.