Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am getting 502 Bad Gateway while loading the localhost:8080 ambari UI. Please suggest what could be the issue ?

Solved Go to solution

I am getting 502 Bad Gateway while loading the localhost:8080 ambari UI. Please suggest what could be the issue ?

New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I am getting 502 Bad Gateway while loading the localhost:8080 ambari UI. Please suggest what could be the issue ?

Expert Contributor

@Divya Thaore 502 Bad Gateway error is usually indicating a networking error, Try restart of the browser or try accessing from Incognito mode

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I am getting 502 Bad Gateway while loading the localhost:8080 ambari UI. Please suggest what could be the issue ?

New Contributor
Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Divya Thaore 502 Bad Gateway error is usually indicating a networking error, Try restart of the browser or try accessing from Incognito mode

New Contributor

@scharan : tried incognito too. not working.. i dont think it's browser issue

Expert Contributor

@Divya Thaore Are you see any errors in Browser Inspect element , Also check ambari-server logs

Mentor

@Divya Thaore

You are trying to access the sandbox:8080 from your laptop because localhost:8080 translates to your local windows machine. To be able to access sandbox ambari from your Windows machine, you should have an entry in your hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc with the format IP:FQDN:ALIAS for example

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#127.0.0.1     localhost
#::1           localhost
127.0.0.1      sandbox.hortonworks.com   sandbox    

With the above entry assuming you sandbox IP is correctly you can access your cluster through

http://sandbox:8080

HTH

Explorer

Hi @Shelton 

I followed your suggestion and modified HOSTS file in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc on my Windows 7 machine where the VirtualBox/Sandbox is installed, it still prompts me the 502 error.

Here are the hosts file:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox

I used the Windows7 built-in Resource Monitor to inspect which application is using 8080, and it shows VirtualBox:

port 8080 used by VirtualBox already

Since VirtualBox is where the sandbox resides, there is no way for me to terminate it. How do I then access Ambari from localhost?

Thank you very much if you can kindly help me to sort it out at your earliest convenience.

New Contributor

instead of localhost try using the IP address of the server.  That should help

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here