Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installing Nifi with cloudera

Explorer

Hi , I am trying to install apache nifi on cloudera and i want to manage nifi with cloudera manager. I am able to build a parcel and distribute activate on all the nodes. After the csd creation when i restart the cloudera server the nifi service never comes up in the add a service wizard.I pretty much followed this "https://github.com/prateek/nifi-parcel". One thing is we are not using HDFS and instead we are using isilon. Any help in resolving this issue would greatly help. If some one could post thier .sdl and contol.sh would also be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since the question was asked, the situation has changed. As soon as Hortonworks and Cloudera merged, NiFi became supported by Cloudera.

Shortly after the integrations with CDH were also completed, so that NiFi is now a fully supported and integrated component.

Please look into the documentation for the latest info at any time, but in general Cloudera Manager is now able to install NiFi.

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

New Contributor
Hi, could you please share more instructions how to install NiFi using Cloudera Manager? I am using Cloudera Express 5.14 Thanks!

Guru

Hi @michalr ,

Here is the documentation you can follow on how to install NiFi:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/CFM/CFM-1.0.0/installation/content/overview.html

Thanks,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

@lwang 

Thank you for the link, after a couple of iterations this tutorial finally helped me. Thanks!

Thanks,

Michal

@michalr I believe you tried to reach out to me during my vacation, with a question about versions.

It seems you already found the solution, but for clarity: The current version of the docs https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/CFM/CFM-1.0.0/installation/content/cfm-system-requirements... refers to 5.5.6 and above. If you currently have 5.14.x that should be fine!

If in doubt, it is best to ensure you ask questions in public as I may not see messages personally in a reasonable amount of time!

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

Hello,

I also replied in the thread, but 5.14 is newer than 5.6 so that should be fine!

Kind regards,
Dennis

- Dennis Jaheruddin

New Contributor

Hi Dennis,

As mentioned in the (edited) post, the solution suggested above finally worked for me. Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

Michal