Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issues with PutElasticsearch5 processor using NiFi version nifi-1.2.0.3.0.0.0-453

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to send feed from nifi version nifi-1.2.0.3.0.0.0-453 to elasticsearch version 5.5.1 however I keep getting the following error:

PutElasticsearch5[id=f4da516d-2b44-1955-0000-00000a063fa3] 
PutElasticsearch5[id=f4da516d-2b44-1955-0000-00000a063fa3] failed to process due 
to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: 
org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: X-Pack plugin could not be 
loaded and/or configured; rolling back session: 
org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: 
org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: X-Pack plugin could not be 
loaded and/or configured

The full error log is the following:

ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-16] o.a.n.p.elasticsearch.PutElasticsearch5 PutElasticsearch5[id=f4da516d-2b44-1955-0000-00000a063fa3] Failed to create Elasticsearch client due to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: X-Pack plugin could not be loaded and/or configured: org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: X-Pack plugin could not be loaded and/or configured
org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: X-Pack plugin could not be loaded and/or configured
	at org.apache.nifi.processors.elasticsearch.AbstractElasticsearch5TransportClientProcessor.getTransportClient(AbstractElasticsearch5TransportClientProcessor.java:222)
	at org.apache.nifi.processors.elasticsearch.AbstractElasticsearch5TransportClientProcessor.createElasticsearchClient(AbstractElasticsearch5TransportClientProcessor.java:170)
	at org.apache.nifi.processors.elasticsearch.AbstractElasticsearch5Processor.setup(AbstractElasticsearch5Processor.java:94)
	at org.apache.nifi.processors.elasticsearch.PutElasticsearch5.onTrigger(PutElasticsearch5.java:175)
	at org.apache.nifi.processor.AbstractProcessor.onTrigger(AbstractProcessor.java:27)
	at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.onTrigger(StandardProcessorNode.java:1120)
	at org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.call(ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.java:147)
	at org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.call(ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.java:47)
	at org.apache.nifi.controller.scheduling.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent$1.run(TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent.java:132)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
	at org.apache.nifi.processors.elasticsearch.AbstractElasticsearch5TransportClientProcessor.getTransportClient(AbstractElasticsearch5TransportClientProcessor.java:215)
	... 15 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.elasticsearch.xpack.XPackPlugin
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.loadPlugin(PluginsService.java:451)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.<init>(PluginsService.java:116)
	at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.newPluginService(TransportClient.java:81)
	at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.buildTemplate(TransportClient.java:106)
	at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.<init>(TransportClient.java:228)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.<init>(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:69)
	at org.elasticsearch.xpack.client.PreBuiltXPackTransportClient.<init>(PreBuiltXPackTransportClient.java:50)
	at org.elasticsearch.xpack.client.PreBuiltXPackTransportClient.<init>(PreBuiltXPackTransportClient.java:46)
	... 20 common frames omitted

I tried following the suggestions in the link: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/81606/where-should-i-store-files-used-by-processors-in-a... , but I am unable to fix the issue. I tried putting the x-pack jar and the transport jar for the elasticsearch version 5.5.1 on the X-Pack Transport Location configuration of the PutElasticsearch5 processor and I also tried using the x-pack jar and the transport jar of the elasticsearch version 5.0.1, however nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Expert Contributor

Hi @Matt Burgess,

I was able to connect successfully following your guidelines. I had to call the elasticsearch folder from the X-Pack Zip for the ES version 5.0.1 along with the 5.0.1 Transport Jar in the X-Pack Transport Location property as a comma-delimited list. Thanks for all the help, greatly appreciate it!