Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kafka multi broker setup through ambari

i configure multibroker kafka through ambari but failed to startup the kafka broker. however, it was successful when tried doing it through command line (with diff protocol,diff portnos, diff nodes)

and now i'm very much confused about the listeners property because by default amabri bound to 6667 port, what should be used for other listeners if im configuring multibroker.

all most i tried all the combinations but non of them helped me while starting it from ambari and it gives me unable to connect to zookeeoer.

example :

1. ( diff protocol, diff portnos, diff nodes) - this worked from command line but not through ambari

2.(diff protocol, diff portnos,same node) - this worked from command line but not through ambari

3. its not working neither command line nor ambari if this has been set to 'same protocol' or 'same port' -

please help me

sathish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@sathish jeganathan I will suggest you don't Install or configure kafka manually, Install using Ambari it will take care all the settings for you, after installation once broker come online then only you can try changing configuration.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Super Guru

@sathish jeganathan I did not get the question properly, well you can consume a topic which has messages in it and do whatever you want to do with this.

there is another utility with kafka which can dump a log file and in there you can see the content of it like this

bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.DumpLogSegments --deep-iteration --files /kafka-logs/kafkatopic-0/00000000000000000000.log

@Rajkumar Singh i just wanna see the content of a topic(it may be a message,file,log or anything). how do i do it ? is there any webui or command line available to do so? please let me know..

thanks,

sathish

Super Guru

@sathish jeganathanI am not sure if there is any webui available but with console-consumer you can fetch the all message of topic using --from-beginning switch

okay.. thanks for your help @Rajkumar Singh

Super Guru

np.. dont forget to accept an answer

@Rajkumar Singh i started receiving below error messages now... while initiating producer...

1.no config changes done,

2.keytab looks fine and kinit successful.

3. ive created new topic thinking that the old one's corrupt but its giving me same error.

ERROR fetching topic metadata for topics [Set(newtest)] from broker [ArrayBuffer(BrokerEndPoint(0,localhost,6667))] failed (kafka.utils.CoreUtils$)

kafka.common.KafkaException: fetching topic metadata for topics [Set(newtest)] from broker [ArrayBuffer(BrokerEndPoint(0,localhost,6667))] failed

caused : java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException:

thanks,

sathish

New Contributor

@sathish jeganathan- Did you get the solution for your last issue? I am getting the same issue.