Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Localhost:7180 Connection Refused Cloudera Manager

New Contributor

Hi,

I have an issue with localhost connecton to cloudera manager web ui. I installed CM via the installer.bin and if I try to connect to localhost, the connection gets refused.

The things I've checked are:

selinix disabled

firewalls disabled

cloudera server is running

port 7180 is open

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13

Super Collaborator

Does it work if you try to connect using the IP address or the hostname instead of local host?

If not, try looking at the iptables?  This fixed this issue for me once.

{code}

CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUR CM CONSOLE

IF YOU SEE ANY 'REJECT'  LINES YOU MUST REMOVE THEM

[host ~]#  iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

SEE THEM HERE

[host ~]# more /etc/sysconfig/iptables
# sample configuration for iptables service
# you can edit this manually or use system-config-firewall
# please do not ask us to add additional ports/services to this default configuration
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
COMMIT

#EDIT FILE AND REMOVE, THEN RESTART IPTABLES

[host ~]# vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables

# RESTART SERVICE

service iptables restart

{code}

Explorer

Hi, I have the same problem that connection for localhost:7180 is refused.

What's my status for now:

- I installed via cloudera-manager-installer.bin CM on Ubuntu 16.04, but cannot finish configuration and server is not listening to port 7180. Curl returns 'Connection refused'. Only cloudera-scm-server-db is listening to port 7432.

- I have cleared the firewall rules and my iptables are clean (ufw inactive).

- My /etc/hosts file looks like that:

127.0.0.1 localhost

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

- I have in /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log the following error:

ERROR main:com.cloudera.server.cmf.Main: Server failed.
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.cloudera.server.cmf.TrialState': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'entityManagerFactoryBean' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactoryBean': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: cmf.server] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory

I cannot find solution to that error. Can anyone advice what else I should check and configure?

Thank you and best regards 

Anna

Explorer

If someone has the same problem - issue was with java version. I installed java version by myself and it was version 9, which is not supported!

after changing JAVA_HOME to point java version 7, it's working and I can configure my cluster 🙂

error that was at the end of cloudera-scm-server.log:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:375)
at org.jboss.logging.Logger.getMessageLogger(Logger.java:2248)
at org.jboss.logging.Logger.getMessageLogger(Logger.java:2214)
at org.hibernate.validator.internal.util.logging.LoggerFactory.make(LoggerFactory.java:29)
at org.hibernate.validator.internal.util.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:27)
at org.hibernate.validator.internal.engine.ConfigurationImpl.<clinit>(ConfigurationImpl.java:65)
at org.hibernate.validator.HibernateValidator.createGenericConfiguration(HibernateValidator.java:41)
at javax.validation.Validation$GenericBootstrapImpl.configure(Validation.java:276)
at javax.validation.Validation.buildDefaultValidatorFactory(Validation.java:110)
at org.hibernate.cfg.beanvalidation.TypeSafeActivator.getValidatorFactory(TypeSafeActivator.java:445)
at org.hibernate.cfg.beanvalidation.TypeSafeActivator.activate(TypeSafeActivator.java:96)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
at org.hibernate.cfg.beanvalidation.BeanValidationIntegrator.integrate(BeanValidationIntegrator.java:150)
... 33 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
... 50 more

Explorer

Hello,

I have the same issue and so far have not been able to figure out what's going on. I have checked the below and it all looks good. 

selinix disabled

firewalls disabled

cloudera server is running

Iptable looks good

Couple things don't seem right however I am not sure how to fix it.

curl https://xxx.xxx.xxxx:7183/ -- gives "couldn't connect to host"

netstat -an | grep 7183 |grep -i listen -- Doe snot return anything. 

Appreciate your response and time !

Expert Contributor

Hello RJ,

Please share the result with 7180 port rather than 7183.

Explorer

Hello Consult,

I get no output with 7180 as well. Actually we use port 7183. I actually found the issue however still have not been able to fix it though.

The MySQL database service was not running. I tried restarting the service however got the belwo issue. 

./mysql restart

MySQL server PID file could not be found!                  [FAILED]

Starting MySQL.180111 08:22:38 mysqld_safe Logging to '/var/lib/mysql/xx.xxx.xxxx.local.err'.

180111 08:22:38 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql

.....                                                      [FAILED]

Failed to restart server.                                                                                                                                       

So I tried creating the PID file “mysqld.pid” in /var/run folder and tried starting the service again , did not work. Got the same error.

I checked the /var/lib/mysql/xx.xx.xxx.local.err' and here is what I see.

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to the directory.

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to the directory.

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: Cannot open datafile './ibtmp1'

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: Unable to create the shared innodb_temporary

2018-01-11  8:22:38 140075450689504 [ERROR] InnoDB: Plugin initialization aborted with error Cannot open a file

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [Note] InnoDB: Starting shutdown...

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [ERROR] Could not open mysql.plugin table. Some plugins may be not loaded

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB

2018-01-11  8:22:43 140075450689504 [ERROR] Aborting

So basically some permission issue. Unfortunately I am not aware of how Mysql setup should be. Still trying to figure it out. 

New Contributor

I also have the same issue after a system reboot.  It used to work well.  Not sure what is causing the connection failure. 

Can a Cloudera consultant please help?

Thanks,

Master Guru

@THUKevin,

Happy to help, but each issue presented in this thread is different.  I strongly recommend opening a new therad and describing what you are trying to do and what happens.  If possible, share a screen shot of errors or warnings.

Also, plesae review the /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log file for any exceptions or errors that occur.

Thanks,

Ben

New Contributor

I also faced this issue. I can't see the log file. that show

/var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/cloudera-scm-agent.log: Permission denied. Plz help me how i could i resolve it.