Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[NIFI] Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory

New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to generate CSV file using SelectHiveQL follow by using PutDatabaseRecord to insert the following csv into Postgres database. I was able to do this process for almost a month now. however, one error occur while i didn't make any changes.

Scenario setting
My nifi is standalone version 1.6 and running on VM1 (centos7)
My hiveserver is running on ambari HDP version 2.6.2.0 on VM2 (centos7)

The thing i have done up until now is
1. Restart all services both nifi and hiveserver
2. verify that hive2 is working by accessing locally (see in the attatchment)
3. Both VM can communicate to each other

Ps. As i mentioned the flow is working with this setting but suddenly it stop working.

nifi-app.log

2018-06-17 13:33:56,017 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-9] o.a.nifi.processors.hive.SelectHiveQL SelectHiveQL[id=97e3ef64-0163-1000-335a-d5259eb2bd52] Unable to execute HiveQL select query select * from celltower due to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://x.x.x.x:10000/default: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)). No FlowFile to route to failure: org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://x.x.x.x:10000/default: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out))
org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://x.x.x.x:10000/default: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)) 

Regards,

flow.pngselecthiveql-config.pngputdatabaserecord-error.pngselecthiveql-error.pnghive2.png
1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Can anyone at Cloudera/Horton aswer this??? Having same issues.