Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Need Help About of Apache NIFI Data Migration Between of Databases

New Contributor

Hello,

I want to migrate data from MsSQL Server to Oracle Database. I added ConnectionPools for both of. I am trying to export data andimport data ,but i cant. Which processor i need to use and how ? I tried to fecth data with ExecuteSQL but it is fetching as Avro. Than i wanted to convert it to json but i didn't. Because i cant configure the ConvertRecord processor.

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @omeraran. I've moved your question in hopes of you finding the answer you are looking for. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Expert Contributor

Hello,

You can use the executeSql processor to read the data and if you put the putdatabaserecord processor to insert the data into oracle database. you don't need to convert the records, just define the input processor as avro reader.

Shakib M.

Master Mentor

@omeraran 

If your source is continuously being written to you might consider using the GenerateTableFetch processor --> ExecuteSQLRecord processor (configured to use JsonRecordSetWriter) --> PutDatabaseRecord processor.   Working with multi-record FlowFiles by utilizing the record based processor is going to be a more efficient and performant dataflow.

Please help our community thrive. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt