Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi Expression language support for port number in ListenTCP, ListenUDP

Expert Contributor

40626-nifierror-11.png

Hi All,

I have a ListenTCP processor, I was able to use NiFi expression language for Local interface name but not for port number, it said Expression language support False, is there anyway I can read port number from a custom properties file

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@dhieru singh

Only processor properties that explicitly state that they support NiFi Expression Language will allow you to set variables. The "Port" property requires that a hard coded integer value is supplied.

There is work being done to expand the capability of the NiFi variable registry. That work will expand what processor properties support EL. I recommend opening an Apache Jira requesting that the "Port" properties add support for NiFi expression language.

Until then, there is no workaround. The value must be supplied directly in the processor.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@dhieru singh

Only processor properties that explicitly state that they support NiFi Expression Language will allow you to set variables. The "Port" property requires that a hard coded integer value is supplied.

There is work being done to expand the capability of the NiFi variable registry. That work will expand what processor properties support EL. I recommend opening an Apache Jira requesting that the "Port" properties add support for NiFi expression language.

Until then, there is no workaround. The value must be supplied directly in the processor.

Thanks,

Matt

Expert Contributor

@Matt Clarke Thanks for the quick response,I would raise the JIRA request, here is the enhancement request

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4458