Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi registry commits templates to git with default email/author, where can I change that?

Master Collaborator

Hello Experts,

I have configured Git as FlowPersisteceProvider for nifi registry.

Tested with test repo and worked fine, but now pointed to my company repo and getting error in push/commit.

The error is due to the policy is set in my org git repo, it accepts push/commit from the accout with email as *@myorg.com only.

But Even though I configured my credentials (user & PAT) which belongs to my org for Git access from registry, NiFi registry pushes the code to Git with email as "nifiregistry@<hostname>".

As its org level git repo ops team cant change this policy, so is there any way I can override this default "nifiregistry@<hostname>" to "my-user@myorg.com" so that git push will not be rejected ?

This is how nifi reg is pushing and comitting, Authored and Committed Identity should be changed from default

git-reg-commit.PNG

Tried this : https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.2.0/administering-nifi-registry/content/git-user-c...

But did not solve

Error in registry log :

Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: https://o9git.visualstudio.com/CoreDev/_git/nifi-registry-dev: error occurred during unpacking on the remote end: error VS403702: The push was rejected because one or more commits contain author email 'nifiregistry@nifi-test-poc.*****.com' which does not match the policy-specified patterns.
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackPushConnection.readStatusReport(BasePackPushConnection.java:382)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackPushConnection.doPush(BasePackPushConnection.java:222)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp$SmartHttpPushConnection.doPush(TransportHttp.java:1112)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackPushConnection.push(BasePackPushConnection.java:170)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.PushProcess.execute(PushProcess.java:172)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.push(Transport.java:1344)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PushCommand.call(PushCommand.java:169)
... 8 common frames omitted

Thanks

Mahendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Update :

Below commands worked : 

git config user.name "myemailuser"
git config user.email "myemail@myorg.com"

Need to run this inside the cloned repo folder and then start nifi registry.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Update :

Below commands worked : 

git config user.name "myemailuser"
git config user.email "myemail@myorg.com"

Need to run this inside the cloned repo folder and then start nifi registry.