Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi: Context Parameter usage

New Contributor

Hello

I'm trying to implement an automation process to instanciate a nifi cluster and I have a problem with Context Parameters.

Using the nifi REST API with curl commands (or python scripts), I have found how to create a context parameter, how to populate it with parameters, how to bound it to a process group, but I do not find how to unbind it from a processor group (like if I want to reset the "Process Group Parameter Context" of the processor group configuration window scrolling menu to "No parameter context")

I meen it is possible (it is possible using the GUI)

Does anyone have any idea how to do this.
Thanks

Best regards,
Absolute Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Absolute_Z 
You can use the NiFi rest-api to set the parameter context on a NiFi Process Group (PG) back to "No Parameter Context".

Example:

curl 'http://<nifi hostname>:<nifi port>/nifi-api/process-groups/<PG UUID>' -X 'PUT' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-raw '{"revision":{"clientId":"a723bd7b-0185-1000-efb1-be534ab7a455","version":1},"disconnectedNodeAcknowledged":false,"component":{"id":"<PG UUID>","name":"<PG name>","comments":"","parameterContext":{"id":null},"flowfileConcurrency":"UNBOUNDED","flowfileOutboundPolicy":"STREAM_WHEN_AVAILABLE","defaultFlowFileExpiration":"0 sec","defaultBackPressureObjectThreshold":"10000","defaultBackPressureDataSizeThreshold":"1 GB"}}'

You'll notice in the data passed I have "parameterContext":{"id":null} which will clear all set parameter contexts on the specified Process Group.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@Absolute_Z 
You can use the NiFi rest-api to set the parameter context on a NiFi Process Group (PG) back to "No Parameter Context".

Example:

curl 'http://<nifi hostname>:<nifi port>/nifi-api/process-groups/<PG UUID>' -X 'PUT' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-raw '{"revision":{"clientId":"a723bd7b-0185-1000-efb1-be534ab7a455","version":1},"disconnectedNodeAcknowledged":false,"component":{"id":"<PG UUID>","name":"<PG name>","comments":"","parameterContext":{"id":null},"flowfileConcurrency":"UNBOUNDED","flowfileOutboundPolicy":"STREAM_WHEN_AVAILABLE","defaultFlowFileExpiration":"0 sec","defaultBackPressureObjectThreshold":"10000","defaultBackPressureDataSizeThreshold":"1 GB"}}'

You'll notice in the data passed I have "parameterContext":{"id":null} which will clear all set parameter contexts on the specified Process Group.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

New Contributor

Hello,
Thank you Matt for your quick response (and sorry for my late response).

It work perfectly.

Best Regards