Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi PutEmail failure to send flowfile to gmail account

Expert Contributor

My dataflow takes some files from HDFS and after some processing i want to send en email to specific accounts

as notification but with the flowfile itself included as an attachment in the mail.

This is the configuration of the PutEmail processor:

43415-conf.png

Lets say i wanna use my gmail account to send the emails, then the SMTP authorization should be my gmail credentials and the sending address the one of my gmail account right?

This is the error message i receive, any ideas on what is going wrong here?

43414-emer.png

8 REPLIES 8

@balalaika

Try to telnet to smtp.gmail.com on port 25 from the command line on the system running NiFi, does it work?

Rising Star

Hi Everyone,

@balalaika,@wynner

Any solution for the above mentioned error? I too tried with ports 25,465 & 587 as mentioned in below comments, i am able to telnet smtp.gmail.com, but still getting connection refused error.Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Rising Star

Use port 587 - it work for me.

See link here:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

Note: Before you start the configuration, make sure that Less secure apps is enabled for the desired account.

Super Guru

Using port 465 here with SMTP TLS set to false

Rising Star

Thanks a lot for your answer,helped me. also I had to enable allow less secure apps setting in my gmail.

New Contributor
Hi,

I am getting the same error, please tell me how did you resolve the error. Already have tried 25, 465 and 587 with TLS mode on and off given in g suite settings and also enabled less secure apps.

New Contributor

Any Solution?

Community Manager

@Kasun, as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: