Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi won't start after memory issue

Expert Contributor

14625-screen-shot-2017-04-13-at-14255-pm.png

We were running Nifi on a server that reached maximum storage usage (100%) and it seems to have corrupted the Nifi Installation.

I initially got the error shown in the screenshot so I decided to restart Nifi and now it wont start with these errors:

2017-04-13 11:01:59,117 WARN [main] org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@6a486afb{/nifi-api,file:///opt/nifi-1.1.0.2.1.2.0-10/work/jetty/nifi-web-api-1.1.0.2.1.2.0-10.war/webapp/,UNAVAILABLE}{./work/nar/framework/nifi-framework-nar-1.1.0.2.1.2.0-10.nar-unpacked/META-INF/bundled-dependencies/nifi-web-api-1.1.0.2.1.2.0-10.war}

2017-04-13 11:01:59,807 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer Failed to start web server... shutting down. java.lang.NullPointerException: null

I'm thinking something got corrupted in the installation so I was just going to uninstall Nifi and reinstall but cannot seem to find any documentation on how to uninstall Nifi...

Can anyone help to figure out these errors to fix them or help with how to uninstall Nifi?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Eric Lloyd

You don't have to uninstall NiFi to start clean. Just clean out all the directories under the content, flowfile, provenance repositories and you should be good to go.

When you ran out of disk space it corrupted the flowfile repository, which is how NiFi knows the status of the flow files in the graph.

If possible, I would recommend at a minimum of moving the flowfile repository to it's own disk partition.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Eric Lloyd

You don't have to uninstall NiFi to start clean. Just clean out all the directories under the content, flowfile, provenance repositories and you should be good to go.

When you ran out of disk space it corrupted the flowfile repository, which is how NiFi knows the status of the flow files in the graph.

If possible, I would recommend at a minimum of moving the flowfile repository to it's own disk partition.