Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Not able create SOLR COLLECTION NAMED

Guru

Team,

I am getting below error when I am trying to create collection,So can you please help me to solve it.

[root@sandbox ~]# /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/bin/solr create -c labs -d /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs/conf/ -n labs -s 1 -rf 1

Connecting to ZooKeeper at sandbox.hortonworks.com:2181

Re-using existing configuration directory labs

Creating new collection 'labs' using command:

http://172.16.162.136:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=labs&numShards=1&replicationFac...

{

"responseHeader":{

"status":0,

"QTime":1136},

"failure":{"":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error from server at http://172.16.162.136:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'labs_shard1_replica1': Unable to create core [labs_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or '/configs/labs', cwd=/opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server"}}

I am following up following reference url :

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/searching-data-solr/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

It's telling you that it cannot find the file in your confdir (the directory after -d in your command). Do an ls on the directory and either the directory is missing or the solrconfig.xml is missing from /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs/conf. You may have overlooked a step in the setup (Step 2). It includes creating the conf directory and modifying the solrconfig.xml file...

cp -R /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

It's telling you that it cannot find the file in your confdir (the directory after -d in your command). Do an ls on the directory and either the directory is missing or the solrconfig.xml is missing from /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs/conf. You may have overlooked a step in the setup (Step 2). It includes creating the conf directory and modifying the solrconfig.xml file...

cp -R /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs

Guru
@james.jones

I followed all steps and changed solrconfig.xml file as well. But still getting below error.

[solr@sandbox ~]$ /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/bin/solr create -c labs -d /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs/conf -n labs -s 2 -rf 2

Connecting to ZooKeeper at sandbox.hortonworks.com:2181

Re-using existing configuration directory labs

Creating new collection 'labs' using command:

http://172.16.162.136:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=labs&numShards=2&replicationFac...

{

"responseHeader":{

"status":0,

"QTime":1284},

"failure":{"":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error from server at http://172.16.162.136:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'labs_shard1_replica2': Unable to create core [labs_shard1_replica2] Caused by: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or '/configs/labs', cwd=/opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server"}}

[solr@sandbox ~]$ ll /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs_hdfs/conf

total 148

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 3974 2016-07-13 08:05 currency.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 1348 2016-07-13 08:05 elevate.xml

drwxr-xr-x 2 solr solr 4096 2016-07-13 08:05 lang

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 55543 2016-07-13 08:05 managed-schema

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 308 2016-07-13 08:05 params.json

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 873 2016-07-13 08:05 protwords.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 62754 2016-07-13 08:08 solrconfig.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 781 2016-07-13 08:05 stopwords.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 solr solr 1119 2016-07-13 08:05 synonyms.txt

Super Collaborator

@Saurabh Kumar - Since this example is using the Sandbox zookeeper rather than embedded zk, try adding /solr to the end of your zookeeper entry in the create command like this sandbox.hortonworks.com:2181/solr. I'm not sure if that will solve the issue but when Solr runs in cloud mode with an external zookeeper it makes /solr the zookeeper root to keep it's data separate from other services.

Guru

Thanks @james.jones, I would do that, but if I don't mentioned it then where exactly zookeeper will save solr configuration(solrconfig.xml).

Super Collaborator

This will upload your config directory to a configset named "testcoll". The default configset name is the same as your collection

./zkcli.sh -zkhost localhost:2181 -cmd upconfig -confdir ../../solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs/conf -confname testcoll.

If your configset is called testcoll, then do this to show the contents of the solrconfig.xml in zookeeper:

./zkcli.sh -zkhost localhost:2181 -cmd get /configs/testcoll/solrconfig.xml

I recommend running the list command which will dump everything in zookeeper, not just listing files but will print the contents of the files. That's a bit too much, so just pipe it to "less" and then search for your collection name as you would with vi (with / and ? to search). Then you'll see the path to your configs.