Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Not able to update ParameterContent using Nifi REST API

Explorer

Hello All,

I am using Nifi 2.0

I want to update existing Parameter Context using Nifi API.  For that , following API is used 

https://localhost:8443/nifi-api/parameter-contexts/2ddc0cea-018e-1000-3852-3611d730f705/update-reque...

Where  "2ddc0cea-018e-1000-3852-3611d730f705" is the Id of parameter context. 

mohdriyaz_0-1710217058741.png

Issue : 

I tried to update the ParameterContext using 

https://localhost:8443/nifi-api/parameter-contexts/2ddc0cea-018e-1000-3852-3611d730f705/update-reque...

but its throwing 403 error .

I updated the Request with  token (Bearer) but still getting the same error. 

Any Pointers..??

Thanks, 

Riyaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I am able to solve the problem 

Access token Rest API generates two token (check under cookies)  - Secure-Request-Token and other is Secure-Authorization-Bearer token. 

While calling any of the other API (like creating Parameter Context or updating Parameter context)  - in Headers provide one more header "Request-Token"  with the value of  _secure-Request-Token (From cookies).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

@mohdriyaz, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged in our NiFi experts @cotopaul @SAMSAL @TimothySpann  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

403 : Client is not authorized to make this request. 

This means you are Authenticated and since you have a valid token but you are not authorized to do this action.

to double-check if your user is Authorized, check if you can do the same action directly from NiFi UI ?  

Thank you 

Explorer

@ckumar 

Yes , i am able to do the changes via Nifi UI.

Note : 

I have created the user user using following command  :  

nifi.cmd set-single-user-credentials username password

Master Collaborator

I would further interested check nifi-user.log to see the forbidden events when you see  403 error 

Explorer

I am able to solve the problem 

Access token Rest API generates two token (check under cookies)  - Secure-Request-Token and other is Secure-Authorization-Bearer token. 

While calling any of the other API (like creating Parameter Context or updating Parameter context)  - in Headers provide one more header "Request-Token"  with the value of  _secure-Request-Token (From cookies).