Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie Installation with Mysql

Explorer

Hi

I have installed CDH5.  I was able to install all services including oozie. But when I try to configure Oozie to use our mysql database, I am getting the following error : 

SERVER[test.pldc.co.org] USER[-] GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[-] ACTION[-] E0103: Could not load service classes, Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Table 'oozie.VALIDATE_CONN' doesn't exist)
org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0103: Could not load service classes, Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Table 'oozie.VALIDATE_CONN' doesn't exist

I am not sure if Cloudera Manager is supposed to create the database automatically in mysql after you enter the databasein information. But when I get this error, I created the database myself(db = oozie).    But I am still getting this error. 

Any help will be apprecaited.

Thanks
Ferds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After changing Oozie's database (you need to create the mysql user and database outside of CM,), you need to run the appropriate command to populate that database with oozie's tables.

Click on Oozie, then in the Actions menu on the right, select Create Database. Oozie must be stopped to do this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

After changing Oozie's database (you need to create the mysql user and database outside of CM,), you need to run the appropriate command to populate that database with oozie's tables.

Click on Oozie, then in the Actions menu on the right, select Create Database. Oozie must be stopped to do this.

New Contributor

How to populate the oozie tables into the database. I'm using mysql instead of oozie.

Master Guru

As dlo mentioned, you need to use "Create Database" from Cloudera Manager.  You can also create it from the command line if not using Cloudera Manager.  See the following for more information:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cm_mc_oozie_service.htm...

Ben