Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie can't start after install falcon

Expert Contributor

Hi evreyone,

I'm using my own installation in Ubuntu 14.04 using a couple of containers with LXC (Ubuntu 14.04) and then my HDP is 2.1.2 well the thing is that all was ok but i need to start to create a couple of workflows so i tried to check wichi should be the best option. I found unfortunately that in Ubuntu i cant install Hue. So i decide install Falcon. I added the service from my Ambari console and i didnt change anything i just followed next next next but now falcon starts up but Oozie can't. some of you guys could please guide to me a little bit to check what's going on.

I checked the catalina and oozie log in files attached the most clear info that i foundoozie.pngcatalina.png

thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Andres Urrego

1. Can you please copy falcon-<version>.jar to /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext/

2. Stop Oozie server daemon

3. Run Oozie prepare war command

/usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war

4. Start oozie server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@Andres Urrego

1. Can you please copy falcon-<version>.jar to /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext/

2. Stop Oozie server daemon

3. Run Oozie prepare war command

/usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war

4. Start oozie server

Master Guru

Expert Contributor

Thanks so much for your support. I have just followed the mentioned steps and both services are running perfectly. So when I add the Falcon service Oozie must be like reinitialized to get the new parameters including Flacon I suppose isn't it?. thanks