Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

PIG Store Command not working in local mode

Expert Contributor

Hi All,

I'm doing a normal load to a relation and storing the result on local i.e My Desktop .but running the below command throws me some error 6000.While running the same thing on mapreduce stores the results properly to the HDFS path.Is it that we cannot store anything to local and just read operations are possible in it.??

STORE Relation_name INTO '/home/vaibhav/Desktop'

2016-08-21 00:52:44,693 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 6000: <line 9, column 0> Output Location Validation Failed for: '/home/vaibhav/Desktop More info to follow:1 2016-08-21 00:52:44,694 [main] WARN org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - There is no log file to write to. 2016-08-21 00:52:44,694 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt Org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException:

ERROR 1002: Unable to store alias CASE1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits @Arun A K

Thank you so much for giving your time to solve the problem!!! Kudos

The problem got solved ,actually i was not having 777 Permissions on whatever was there on desktop ,so i followed the following steps:

$sudo chmod -R 777 /home/vaibhav/Desktop Then format namenode ( Only if this does not harm you anyway) and re-start your daemons and followed the same steps to store the data and the directory got created on dektop.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits @Arun A K

Thank you so much for giving your time to solve the problem!!! Kudos

The problem got solved ,actually i was not having 777 Permissions on whatever was there on desktop ,so i followed the following steps:

$sudo chmod -R 777 /home/vaibhav/Desktop Then format namenode ( Only if this does not harm you anyway) and re-start your daemons and followed the same steps to store the data and the directory got created on dektop.