Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Potential misconfiguration detected - Hue - Hive Editor - HiveServer2

Contributor

Dear Friends

We have just upgraded our CM and CDH from 5.2 to 5.3 successfully. Hue was also working fine.

• Today, when I login to Hue, I got the following message:

Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart Hue. Hive Editor: The application won't work without a running HiveServer2.

• Then I clicked on the Hive editor link in Hue, the database area just try to refresh the sample table list and running a simple select statement generates the error below. Would you please help?

Your query has the following error(s):java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient

The strange thing is, if I login with another user to Hue, it do not show me this message above and also I can run the sample query in Hive error fine.

I can see other people have the same issue as below:

http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Apache-Hadoop-Concepts-and/Problem-with-CDH-5-VM-quot-Potential-mis...

P.S. Manually refreshing the table in Hive editor did not work and even reinstalling the same tables in Hue generated the following info:

Could not install table: Error creating table sample_07: Bad status for request TExecuteStatementReq(confOverlay={}, sessionHandle=TSessionHandle(sessionId=THandleIdentifier(secret='e\(replaced by me for security reason J)', guid='\x(again replaced by me for security reason J)')), runAsync=True, statement="CREATE TABLE `sample_07` (\n `code` string ,\n `description` string ,\n `total_emp` int ,\n `salary` int )\nROW FORMAT DELIMITED\n FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'\nSTORED AS TextFile"): TExecuteStatementResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=10072, errorMessage='Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10072]: Database does not exist: default', sqlState='42000', infoMessages=None, statusCode=3), operationHandle=None).

Thanks much for your support and please let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thanks Romain for your time and your answer.

I have restarted CDH and the isused has fixed! This is strange but still a very good news 🙂

I have not changed any configuration and have had restarted the service many times before. Anyway, I will wait couple of more days and then update the case. Thanks again. 

Kind regards

Andy

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Explorer

Thank you for the reply. I have added the setting in Test and will update Prod tomorrow then in a time span of two days. we will know the throughput.

Explorer

This worked and the issue has been fixed now.

Only I am looking for an option to set an alert for 365 days for this configuration.

Started another thread already.

Explorer

Allright, we will come to know in 2-3 days. We already have restarted the HiveServer2, hence that has renewed the tickets/toekn. So we will know on 6th of April as soon as our users start completing 2-3 days of token creation.

Explorer

Had the settings go to HiveServer2 only or Metastore safety valve as well?

We are getting the issues again.

Super Guru

Looks like this thread is old, but I would like to add that this was a HiveMetaStore issue, so it should be going into HiveMetaStore safety valve.

Cheers

Contributor

@cconnerI'm sorry for digging up this issue after that long time, but we hit exactly the same problem. Following your suggestion we tried set delegation tokens for HS2 and HM, as well as for the Hive service entirely, but in the logs we found:

WARN org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf: [main]: HiveConf of name hive.cluster.delegation.key.update-interval does not exist

WARN org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf: [main]: HiveConf of name hive.cluster.delegation.token.max-lifetime does not exist

WARN org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf: [main]: HiveConf of name hive.cluster.delegation.token.renew-interval does not exist

We are using CDH 5.9.3. Is this parameter still supported in this version? I see these constants exist in the code with default codes. However, searching for solution in the Internet I found that there is another parameter hive.conf.validation that checks if 'hive.' variables are accepted: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties

Default Value: true

Added In: Hive 0.10.0 with HIVE-2848

Enables type checking for registered Hive configurations. As of Hive 0.14.0 (HIVE-7211), a configuration name that starts with "hive." is regarded as a Hive system property. With hive.conf.validation true (default), any attempts to set a configuration property that starts with "hive." which is not registered to the Hive system will throw an exception.

Is it our case? Or maybe warnings we see in the logs are misleading and actually hive.cluster.delegation.key.* are updated? But we still see in HMS logs messages about new tokens being created/cancelled. I'll be thankful for any clarifications.

Super Guru
Looks like you already have another thread opened:

http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Batch-SQL-Apache-Hive/Hive-Safety-Valve-configuration-is-not-applie...

Will follow up there.