Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Problem during Ambari Confirm Hosts

Expert Contributor

I am trying to add two more hosts to my existing cluster (only has one right now) but I am running into errors during the Ambari step - Confirm Hosts. The error message is shown below. It says it failed because it finished with a non zero exit code. What does this mean and how can I fix it? I have followed the steps to configure passwordless ssh but I may have done something incorrectly. I have replace the host name with a bunch of x's.

==========================
Creating target directory...
==========================

Command start time 2016-02-23 10:45:50

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
SSH command execution finished
host=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exitcode=255
Command end time 2016-02-23 10:45:51

ERROR: Bootstrap of host xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fails because previous action finished with non-zero exit code (255)
ERROR MESSAGE: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

STDOUT: 
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Mark Thorson

This is related to your ssh keys

Make sure that you test this

ssh localhost

if it asks for password then

cd ~/.ssh

cat id_rsa.pub >> authorized_keys

ssh localhost

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Master Mentor

@Mark Thorson

make sure permissions on the public key are set as per the documentation. You can also manually install the ambari agent. Copy the ambari.repo file from a working machine to this machine and put in /etc/yum.repos.d/

double check that server is set to ambari server in /etc/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.ini

then ambari-agent start and try your registration process again.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/ch_amb_re...

Master Mentor

Expert Contributor

I have seen that file before and just double checked to ensure all the servers are in the list.

Master Mentor
@Mark Thorson

This is related to your ssh keys

Make sure that you test this

ssh localhost

if it asks for password then

cd ~/.ssh

cat id_rsa.pub >> authorized_keys

ssh localhost

Master Mentor

This can save you lot of time http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_set_up_passwo...

you can set up the ssh keys between ambari server and new nodes

or

You can use this in case you dont want to setup ssh keys

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_install_t...

Its for 2.1.0 and same for 2.2.0

Expert Contributor

I noticed I hadn't set up passwordless ssh between the two I am setting up and that helped but now there's another error. The servers I have are not configured for DNS (will be soon) and are only accessible via IP address. Would this be a factor during setup?

Below xxxxxx(#) represents the FQDN and the specific server its referencing in parentheses

2361-hadoop-support-mysql-3.jpg

Master Mentor

@Mark Thorson Yes, please do not use IP for the host config. You can levergae /etc/hosts but I suggest to wait for the DNS

Master Mentor

@Mark Thorson How did it go?

Expert Contributor

Still waiting on the DNS to be set up. I will update once work has been completed and I try adding the nodes.