Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Problem with cloudera agent

SOLVED Go to solution

Re: Problem with cloudera agent

Explorer

If anyone is interested i've updated to CM 5.12.1 and the issue has been fixed.

New Contributor
I have the same issue and see the same extra columns.
Please can you share what exact steps you followed to completely remove OpenJDK.

Rising Star
Find all openjdk packages:

rpm -qa "*jdk*"

and remove them with:

yum remove packageName
Highlighted

Expert Contributor
How did you fixed the fix

Rising Star

If this is related to OPenJDK you have to remove OPenJDK from your server. Otherwise you have find out which packages make a proble. To do that you can run previously mentioned commands. As a result of the second you will  get the information of packages that make a problems.

I have a vanilla red hat installation so I just remove them with:

yum remove packageName

Expert Contributor
After complete un-installation of OpenJDK, issue has been resolved. Thanks

I had the same issue. After went through the alternative list, I found there are three more openjdk items, which are jre_openjdk, jre_1.8.0 and jre_1.8.0_openjdk. After I removed these three items, CM started distributing task.

New Contributor
We applied kernel update for Dirtycow and had this problem. Removing openjdk fixed this problem.

New Contributor

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to solve this issue. I'm having the same error mentioned below. 

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 710, in start

self._init_after_first_heartbeat_response(resp_data)

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 840, in _init_after_first_heartbeat_response

self.client_configs.load()

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 682, in load

new_deployed.update(self._lookup_alternatives(fname))

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 432, in _lookup_alternatives

return self._parse_alternatives(alt_name, out)

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 444, in _parse_alternatives

path, _, _, priority_str = line.rstrip().split(" ")

ValueError: too many values to unpack

I tried to see the jdk versions. But same jdk is present in all other servers. Not sure why am having issue only with this server.

[root@ip-10-0-1-32 ~]# rpm -qa "*jdk*"

java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel-1.8.0.144-0.b01.el7_4.x86_64

java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless-1.8.0.144-0.b01.el7_4.x86_64

jdk1.8.0_102-1.8.0_102-fcs.x86_64

copy-jdk-configs-2.2-3.el7.noarch

java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.144-0.b01.el7_4.x86_64

Thanks