Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Proper way to go about getting input data for python scripted processor from the dynamic properties?

New Contributor

Hello all,

I am trying to make a small scripted processor (via InvokeScriptedProcessor using a template created by @mburgess https://gist.github.com/mattyb149/fa02e1060b0a6dc9f2a3c119863e862b ) that acts as a separate reusable logger that uses the dynamic properties as the log info and message then writes it to disk. I tried simply using getattribute, but of course, the dynamic data had not been added as an attribute yet (and, honestly, I would rather it didn't, but I don't think I have much of a choice if I am not writing an actual Java processor?).

Is there a way to get this data using python if it has not yet been added as an attribute? If so, once I write my log file, is there a way to remove those properties from the flowFile instead of them being added as attributes once my processor has completed its objective?

Thanks,

-id

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

I got it all worked out. After searching through some of the tests in the nifi repo I came across a new methods for dealing with properties and I was able to figure out how to build what I wanted. Though, doing it in python felt... unstable at best, so I rewrote the processor in Groovy and now it's working just as I had hoped.