Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Python Module install problems in HDP 2.6

New Contributor

When I try to install mrjobs module for python via root user on Cent OS hdp 2.6 sandbox this fails

pip install mrjobs

Exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main status = self.run(options, args) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/pip/commands/install. py", line 342, in run prefix=options.prefix_path, File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 778, in install requirement.uninstall(auto_ confirm=True) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/pip/req/req_install. py", line 754, in uninstall paths_to_remove.remove(auto_ confirm) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/pip/req/req_ uninstall.py", line 115, in remove renames(path, new_path) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/pip/utils/__init__. py", line 267, in renames shutil.move(old, new) File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/shutil. py", line 258, in move rmtree(src) File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/shutil. py", line 212, in rmtree rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror) File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/shutil. py", line 221, in rmtree onerror(os.rmdir, path, sys.exc_info()) File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/shutil. py", line 219, in rmtree os.rmdir(path) OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: '/usr/lib/python2.6/site- packages/dateutil/zoneinfo'

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@VMP

Can you please explain us what exactly do you mean by "When I try to install mrjobs module for python" ?

I mean can you please share the exact steps what you are trying to perform so that we will know where exactly it is failing.

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Hello

i may have the same problem so I try to answer.
I'm attending a lecture about HDP.

we are ask to install several stuff to do the next exercise : nano and mrJob for python.
Assuming the course, it is said there is no python-pip natively installed on HDP sandbox.

so, connected with putty to the HDP VM we are asked to do the following commandes :

- su root

- yum install python-pip (worked OK the automatically installed version is 7.1.0-1.e16)

- yum install nano (worked OK)

- pip install mrjob

And here is where the problem appears

the stack error in putty says :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 20, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-build-i_4vxQ/grpcio/setup.py", line 27, in <module>
import sysconfig
ImportError: No module named sysconfig

Searching some forums told me that the issue could be adressed installing python 2.7
ITried and killed the stability of the VM so I had to reinstall it.

I'm quite new at HDP and python configuration, so if you have any suggestions ?

Regards
Olivier
PS : sorry , my english is not as good as I would