Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Query with transform clause is disallowed in current configuration

Super Collaborator
2015-12-09 09:14:54,306 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-60853]: ql.Driver (SessionState.java:printError(833)) - FAILED: Hive Internal Error: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.HiveAccessControlException(Query with transform clause is disallowed in current configuration.)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.HiveAccessControlException: Query with transform clause is disallowed in current configuration.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.DisallowTransformHook.run(DisallowTransformHook.java:34)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1304)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runInternal(Driver.java:1177)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1004)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:999)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:144)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$100(SQLOperation.java:69)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1$1.run(SQLOperation.java:196)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1628)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure.doAs(HadoopShimsSecure.java:536)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1.run(SQLOperation.java:208)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
14 REPLIES 14

Here is the Apache JIRA that discusses this. It is unresolved at the moment. It discusses why TRANSFORM clause is a security risk and disabled with SQL Authorization in Hive. - Server wide Control over Transform Clause in Hive

Master Mentor

@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati has this been resolved? Please accept best answer or provide your own solution.

I followed the links provided, edited some of the security policies within Ranger, but I'm still not able to execute the Hive UDF. Here's my error msg:

Error while processing statement: FAILED: Hive Internal Error: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.HiveAccessControlException(Query with transform clause is disallowed in current configuration.)

Does anyone have additional tips/advice that would allow me to run a Hive "transform" UDF (that is written in python)?

This seems to run fine when I use a Spark to call the UDF, but I'd like to compare the results to Hive as well.

Thanks!

Explorer

Any update , its 2018. I am gettiing the same error,

Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Hive Internal Error: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.HiveAccessControlException(Query with transform clause is disallowed in current configuration.) (state=08S01,code=12)

New Contributor

Any update on this?

I am getting same error as mentioned above even when I disabled Ranger