Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Regarding Hue and Hive. Can't see database on Hue GUI but can on Hive CLI

Explorer

Please help me to solve the issue. I am working the same issue from 2 days but unable to find the correct solution. Any help is higly appreciated. I have attached the images of hive cli and hue web ui.

hive cli.pnghue hive database.pnghue-hive database issue (1).pnghuehive database.png

4 REPLIES 4

Champion

@cdhnaidu

Hope you have enabled sentry ...

I can see that you login as hive user in hue. Can you login as admin instead of hive in hue and try...

Note: make sure you have required user, group, roles in both Hadoop and Hue. Also check your admin configuration setting in CM -> Sentry -> Configruation.

Few sample commands

beeline>Create role admin;
Granted priviledges to admin role.
GRANT ALL ON SERVER server1 TO ROLE admin WITH GRANT OPTION;
Assign the role to a group.
GRANT ROLE admin TO GROUP administrators;
After these steps all users within the group administrators are allowed to manage hive priviledges

Explorer

Hi,

I created a user called "commonuser" and group called "commonuser" in hue and linux machine.

Created role called "commonuser" in sentry app to access databases and gave "select" privilege.

Now, I logged in as commonuser in hue. In hue-hive editor the databases are visable but not in hue-Impala editor.

In impala only the default database without any tables is visable as show in the below screenshot. 

Please advice me on the issue. 

commonuser.pngcommonuser pic3.pngcommonuser_pic2.pngcommonuser_pic3.png

Champion
What do you see in hive CLI or beeline? It is possible the hdfs dirs/files were created outside of hive and the metadata doesn't exist.

Explorer
Thank you for the response.