Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Restart Atlas Metadata Server

Explorer

I have the "restart required" around Atlas after installing the ambari metrics service. When I click restart, the SandBox fails to "Restart all components for Atlas", and then the error is Restart Atlas Metadata Server

The log file is as follows

atlas-fail.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Victor Hely

Your Atlas is in maintenance mode !! Can you go to the Ambari UI see attached screenshot Turn Off Maintenance mode and restart Atlas ensure Hbase is running all should work.
If all works remember to accept the answer so others can also use it to resolve similar issue

atlas.jpg

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Master Mentor

@Victor Hely

Make sure your hbase is up and all green then retry!!!

Explorer

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot my hbase is looking good but atlas still has the rotating yellow sign

Master Mentor

@Victor Hely

Have you tried restarting Atlas that means it has stale config?

Can you also share the logs in /var/log/atlas try to drill down the failed atlas service and paste the error in her

Explorer

Kindly check my log file and list of services

aa.txt

Explorer

Explorer

zd.png

This is what happens when I try to restart it

Explorer

and here is the list of service i have

71420-capture.png

Master Mentor

@Victor Hely

Your Atlas is in maintenance mode !! Can you go to the Ambari UI see attached screenshot Turn Off Maintenance mode and restart Atlas ensure Hbase is running all should work.
If all works remember to accept the answer so others can also use it to resolve similar issue

atlas.jpg

Explorer
a3.txt@geoffrey Shelton Okot

Thank you for taking the time to do the screenshots, I turned off the maintance mode and here is my error log

71422-a1.png

71423-a2.png