Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Revert Cloudera Manager settings

Explorer

Hello,

I was setting up HTTPS for Cloudera Manager web UI when I messed up the configurations by using a keystore password that I have lost since.

Now when I try to start Cloudera Manager I get a clear exception that it cannot get the private key and it fails and stops.

My question is : How can I revert the configs from the Cloudera Manager server to go back to HTTP so I can setup the right HTTPS configurations without having access to Cloudera Manager web UI? Is there a configurations file that I can use ? Are these configurations saved in the Cloudera Manager database and are not easily accessible ? I just want to desactivate HTTPS so I can go back to Cloudera Manager web UI and setup the correct configs.

I'm using :

Version: Cloudera Enterprise 5.5.1 (#8 built by jenkins on 20151201-1818 git: 2a7dfe22d921bef89c7ee3c2981cb4c1dc43de7b)

on 

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS"

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To turn off HTTPS for the CM UI altogether, change the config with attr "web_tls" to have value "false".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

You can find the username, host, port, and password to the CM database in /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties. Use this to connect to the database, then find your password in the CONFIGS with an ATTR of "keystore_password". You should be able to change your keystore password to this value.

Thanks,
Darren

Explorer
Great thanks I'll look at the database.
By the way what is the ATTR name of the CM HTTPS config, I want to
completely disable HTTPS and go back to HTTP.

Thanks,

To turn off HTTPS for the CM UI altogether, change the config with attr "web_tls" to have value "false".