Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Run bash-script from oozie

SOLVED Go to solution

Run bash-script from oozie

Hi.

I'd have a problem: need to run bash-script from oozie, but i can't.

Ther're an error: 

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], main() threw exception, Cannot run program "ref_tbl.sh" (in directory "/data6/yarn/nm/usercache/hdfs-etl/appcache/application_1544099183263_0655/container_e295_15440991832..."): error=2, No such file or directory
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "ref_tbl.sh" (in directory "/data6/yarn/nm/usercache/hdfs-etl/appcache/application_1544099183263_0655/container_e295_15440991832..."): error=2, No such file or directory

So:

1. What directory should i put my bash-script? Relative and absolute path, please.

2. How can i find my workflow?

3. I used "oozie editor", not edit xml-file by hands. So i can't use solution like "http://crazyadmins.com/tag/how-to-execute-shell-script-in-oozie/

Step 3: Create workflow.xml file for your shell action.

")

Please, help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Run bash-script from oozie

Rising Star

Hello @Vhodnoylogin

Thanks you for posting your Query

I see the below thread discusses the same problem which you have described

Hue-Oozie action

Thanks,
Satz
4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

Hello @Vhodnoylogin

Thanks you for posting your Query

I see the below thread discusses the same problem which you have described

Hue-Oozie action

Thanks,
Satz
Highlighted

Very thanks. It works.

But it looks strange. Why i need to set two path: real path, and second one (logic path?), what purpose does it have?

Rising Star

@Vhodnoylogin Good to know the solution is working for you !

Could you please share the screenshot, Just I would like to see how you have setup your path 

Thanks,
Satz

Безымянный.png

Look, at first input-box i could set whole path to script - and that's all. Why we need file-property, and exec-property?