Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Run bash-script from oozie

Hi.

I'd have a problem: need to run bash-script from oozie, but i can't.

Ther're an error: 

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], main() threw exception, Cannot run program "ref_tbl.sh" (in directory "/data6/yarn/nm/usercache/hdfs-etl/appcache/application_1544099183263_0655/container_e295_15440991832..."): error=2, No such file or directory
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "ref_tbl.sh" (in directory "/data6/yarn/nm/usercache/hdfs-etl/appcache/application_1544099183263_0655/container_e295_15440991832..."): error=2, No such file or directory

So:

1. What directory should i put my bash-script? Relative and absolute path, please.

2. How can i find my workflow?

3. I used "oozie editor", not edit xml-file by hands. So i can't use solution like "http://crazyadmins.com/tag/how-to-execute-shell-script-in-oozie/

Step 3: Create workflow.xml file for your shell action.

")

Please, help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello @Vhodnoylogin

Thanks you for posting your Query

I see the below thread discusses the same problem which you have described

Hue-Oozie action

Thanks,
Satz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hello @Vhodnoylogin

Thanks you for posting your Query

I see the below thread discusses the same problem which you have described

Hue-Oozie action

Thanks,
Satz

Very thanks. It works.

But it looks strange. Why i need to set two path: real path, and second one (logic path?), what purpose does it have?

Expert Contributor

@Vhodnoylogin Good to know the solution is working for you !

Could you please share the screenshot, Just I would like to see how you have setup your path 

Thanks,
Satz

Безымянный.png

Look, at first input-box i could set whole path to script - and that's all. Why we need file-property, and exec-property?