Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Service 'ats' check failed: Server Error Service 'hiveserver' check failed: Query timed out to fetch table description for user: maria_dev

New Contributor

Unable to work with Lab 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Vijaya S

If you are getting this Querytimeout error as soon as you try to access the HiveView then please check if you have the ATS and the HiveServer instances running and you are able to do the "Run Service Check" successfully from the

Ambari UI --> Hive --> Service Actions --> 'Run Service Check'

Ambari UI --> Yarn --> Service Actions --> 'Run Service Check'

Also in your Labs do you have enough Memory (RAM) and also please check if the the hive and ATS logs are showing any warning/error?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Vijaya S

Can you pelase share the complete stackTrace of the error that you are getting in the ambari UI as well as from the ambari logs?

Are you running some long running query?

If yes then did you try setting the following property in the "/etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties" to a larger value (more than the time that you expect the hive to return the result).

views.ambari.hive.<InstanceName>.result.fetch.timeout=xxxxxx

Please see: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/90768/how-to-fix-ambari-hive-view-15-result-fetch-timed.h...

I followed up the directions, but It is still not working 😞

Master Mentor

@Vijaya S

If you are getting this Querytimeout error as soon as you try to access the HiveView then please check if you have the ATS and the HiveServer instances running and you are able to do the "Run Service Check" successfully from the

Ambari UI --> Hive --> Service Actions --> 'Run Service Check'

Ambari UI --> Yarn --> Service Actions --> 'Run Service Check'

Also in your Labs do you have enough Memory (RAM) and also please check if the the hive and ATS logs are showing any warning/error?

New Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

Thank you for the prompt response.

Actually after a couple of tries I restarted my Sandbox and connected to it again. And after that it started working for me.

I did not get a chance to try your suggestion.