Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SmartSense HST Agents dying

Expert Contributor

Hi,

In one of our clients cluster the HST agents are dying repeatedly and throwing below error in the logs.

Internal Exception: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR '====================[ WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! ]=&' to length 255. Error Code: 20000

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mkataria We'll need a support case created and logs for the HST Server and Agent uploaded to get to the bottom of it.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

I suspect this is a bug, I have seen a similar issue like yours in our internal Jira =>

javax.persistence.RollbackException: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.2.v): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException 
Internal Exception: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR '/bin/sh -c python /usr/hdp/share/hst/parallel-sh.py -n 'hst &' to length 255. 
Error Code: 20000

I'd suggest you open a ticket with our support and you might want to mention the Jira ST-602, which is somewhat similar.

@Paul Codding

Rising Star

This is a similar issue but not related to ST-602. The exception in ST-602 happens during capture, but this happens during registration.

Master Mentor

Master Mentor

Expert Contributor

Thanks Jonas

Rising Star

Can you please add the HST version?

Expert Contributor

Smartsense 1.1.0

Expert Contributor

Which version of HST are they using?