Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SmartSense install fails with 500 status on Kerberized cluster

During the install of SmartSense we are getting the following errors:

500 status code received on GET method for API: /api/v1/clusters/test/services?ServiceInfo/state=INSTALLED&ServiceInfo/service_name.in(SMARTSENSE)&params/run_smoke_test=true&params/reconfigure_client=false

Error message: org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An internal system exception occurred: Invalid transition for service, clusterName=test, clusterId=2, serviceName=SMARTSENSE, currentDesiredState=INIT, newDesiredState=STARTED

{ "status" : 500, "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An internal system exception occurred: Invalid 'kdc_type' value: Existing MIT KDC" }

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

423-image001.png

I am getting the same or at least similar error after my Ranger installation. It looks like a bug in Ambari 2.1.2, be careful your installation might have messed up the "kdc_type" (go to <ambari_host>/api/v1/clusters/<clustername> search for kdc_type. If the value is something like "Existing MIT KDC", than you probably have to change it back to avoid any further issues)

Update: I discussed this problem with support and we came to the conclusion that this was a weird hick-up that coincidentally happened at the same time on our two clusters. I was not able to reproduce this issue and it seems like this issue did not come up somewhere else. If you still have the logs, please open a support case and forward them to support/engineering.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

whats your Ambari version? This might be an Ambari 2.1.2 issue, my Ranger installation just failed with the same error

Yes. This is Ambari 2.1.2 on HDP 2.3.2

Which kerberos wizard option did you use MIT, AD, or Manual?

423-image001.png

I am getting the same or at least similar error after my Ranger installation. It looks like a bug in Ambari 2.1.2, be careful your installation might have messed up the "kdc_type" (go to <ambari_host>/api/v1/clusters/<clustername> search for kdc_type. If the value is something like "Existing MIT KDC", than you probably have to change it back to avoid any further issues)

Update: I discussed this problem with support and we came to the conclusion that this was a weird hick-up that coincidentally happened at the same time on our two clusters. I was not able to reproduce this issue and it seems like this issue did not come up somewhere else. If you still have the logs, please open a support case and forward them to support/engineering.

Master Mentor

thanks @Neeraj I will open a support ticket as well

Is there an api command for changing the kdc_type?

Checkout my answer in this post => http://community.hortonworks.com/questions/2421/ambari-append-to-env-templates-eg-hadoop-env-clean.h...

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Master Mentor