Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr - avoid 'multi-valued field can't be sorted' issue?

Hi All,

The use case is a Banana dashboard working with a SolrCloud instance/cluster. If we follow default steps we end up using the 'data_driven_schema' in Solr, which makes it easy for it to accept any random data and try index it.

However, the problem is down the line. Banana table widget can't sort on many columns as Solr complains about those fields being multi-valued. In fact, they are not, and unique (checked via admin section), but rather declared multi-valued.

What is the approach to address this? Ideally, without having to specify a complete new schema for a Solr index. Can one have a benefit of flexible fields, but default to non-multi-valued maybe?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Andrew Grande are you using field name suffix?

I'm running @Ali Bajwa twitter demo in Solr Cloud mode (hdp search 2.3.2 default rpm), using data_drive_schema and it seems to be working. Please see image below, only "tag_ss" field is multi-valued, other fields are not. I can sort on all the fields except tag_ss.

631-screen-shot-2015-12-07-at-152223.png

Can you give some more details about your issue?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Andrew Grande are you using field name suffix?

I'm running @Ali Bajwa twitter demo in Solr Cloud mode (hdp search 2.3.2 default rpm), using data_drive_schema and it seems to be working. Please see image below, only "tag_ss" field is multi-valued, other fields are not. I can sort on all the fields except tag_ss.

631-screen-shot-2015-12-07-at-152223.png

Can you give some more details about your issue?

Master Mentor

@Andrew Grande pinging to close this 🙂