Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Spark Thrift Server Continually Stops

Highlighted

Spark Thrift Server Continually Stops

Contributor

I have a fresh install of Ambari (HDP 2.5 - version: 2.5.3.0-37) and I have a few services that will not remain running. There are not yet any users of this cluster; thus, it is simply a new cluster that is not yet in use.

One service that I am struggling to understand what may be going wrong is the Spark Thrift Server.

If I attempt to start the Spark Thrift Server, it generally stops within 1-5 minutes. Even upon a full reboot of the entire cluster this service will stop soon thereafter.

The only output I can find is:

[ambari-heartbeat-processor-0] HeartbeatProcessor:612 - State of service component SPARK_THRIFTSERVER of service SPARK of cluster hdpcluster has changed from STARTED to INSTALLED at host hdpcnode4 according to STATUS_COMMAND

Being this is a cluster, the Spark Thrift Server is running on node4 and ambari is on node1. The above log entry I find on node1 within /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log. My guess is there may be more info about this failure in another log file but I have not had luck finding where this additional log data may be found.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Spark Thrift Server Continually Stops

New Contributor

Hi Mark, dealing with Spark Thrift issue too on v2.5.3. I noticed my times are not in sync on all the nodes.

I'm behind a proxy so my ntpd wasn't updating. Probably not your issue but might be good to keep in mind.

17/02/23 12:24:07 INFO Client: client token: N/A diagnostics: Application application_1487754339887_0003 failed 2 times due to Error launching appattempt_1487754339887_0003_000002. Got exception: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException: Unauthorized request to start container. This token is expired. current time is 1487845447016 found 1487756740753 Note: System times on machines may be out of sync. Check system time and time zones. at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records.impl.pb.SerializedExceptionPBImpl.instantiateException(SerializedExceptionPBImpl.java:168) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records.impl.pb.SerializedExceptionPBImpl.deSerialize(SerializedExceptionPBImpl.java:106) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.amlauncher.AMLauncher.launch(AMLauncher.java:122) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.amlauncher.AMLauncher.run(AMLauncher.java:250) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) . Failing the application. ApplicationMaster host: N/A ApplicationMaster RPC port: -1 queue: default start time: 1487756139363 final status: FAILED tracking URL: http://HNode2.quasar.com:8088/cluster/app/application_1487754339887_0003 user: hive

Highlighted

Contributor

Hi Nico, I very much appreciate your response - I did check my times and my NTPd is working fine. All of the nodes have the exact same time.

I will keep digging around and asking questions - hopefully I/we can figure out something.

thanks!

@marksf

What does your application log says ? (Spark thrift server application in Yarn)

Highlighted

Contributor

Thank you for the response, Sandeep. This is part of my problem, I am uncertain in which other logs to look. Can you point me to where I can find the application log for Spark thrift server application in Yarn? Also, on which node that log will be? I.e.: the same node as ambari, or on the node with the error?

Highlighted

Explorer

Hey @marksf,

I am also facing the same issue, how did you resolved that please share.

Thnks,

Prashant

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here