Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop Error, Sqoop 2 not working through hue

Expert Contributor

Hello,

We have installed CDH 5.3 on 20 nodes, which comes with both sqoop 1 and sqoop2.

I am trying to run a sqoop 1 job through command line interactive shell, but unable to as it throws execption. As I change the jar, the error differs.

DB: postgresql

I have kept the jar file for postgresql inside /var/lib/sqoop/

I tried to give all required permissions on the sqoop, but still unable to run it.

It says no db jar selected or read.

When I try to use sqoop 2 through Hue, It doesnot allow me to create sqoop job, it is like when you click on create new job, it does not go to next page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello abe,

Thanks for helping me, the issue has been resolved bby itself, do not know what happened, I felt there some kind of special characters auto generated on top of the directory name, hence it was saying no such file or directory, as soon as I deleted the directory and created the new one, it works fine. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Expert Contributor

Following is the error I am getting.....

sqoop import --connect jdbc:postgresql://10.4.2.68:6453/snap318 --username ae -P --table lead_dmn --target-dir /user/njaiswal/cidb/prime
Warning: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.0-1.cdh5.3.0.p0.30/bin/../lib/sqoop/../accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail.
Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation.
15/01/31 16:49:55 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.5-cdh5.3.0
Enter password:
15/01/31 16:49:59 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 1000
15/01/31 16:49:59 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
15/01/31 16:49:59 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class: org.postgresql.Driver
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class: org.postgresql.Driver
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:848)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:736)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:759)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnInfoForRawQuery(SqlManager.java:269)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypesForRawQuery(SqlManager.java:240)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypes(SqlManager.java:226)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.ConnManager.getColumnTypes(ConnManager.java:295)
at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.getColumnTypes(ClassWriter.java:1833)
at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:1645)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:96)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:478)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:605)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:143)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:179)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:218)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:227)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:236)

Expert Contributor

If I try same command from different node, the error differs....

sqoop import --connect jdbc:postgresql://10.4.2.68:6453/snap318 --username ae -P --table lead_dmn --target-dir /user/njaiswal/cidb/prime
Warning: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.0-1.cdh5.3.0.p0.30/bin/../lib/sqoop/../accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail.
Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation.
15/01/31 17:22:18 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.5-cdh5.3.0
Enter password:
15/01/31 17:22:22 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 1000
15/01/31 17:22:22 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
15/01/31 17:22:22 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Encountered "AS" at line 1, column 29.
Was expecting one of:
<EOF>
";" ...

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Encountered "AS" at line 1, column 29.
Was expecting one of:
<EOF>
";" ...

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2102)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1835)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:500)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:374)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.execSQLUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:263)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.setTransactionIsolation(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:829)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:883)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:736)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:759)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnInfoForRawQuery(SqlManager.java:269)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypesForRawQuery(SqlManager.java:240)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypes(SqlManager.java:226)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.ConnManager.getColumnTypes(ConnManager.java:295)
at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.getColumnTypes(ClassWriter.java:1833)
at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:1645)
15/01/31 17:22:22 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: No columns to generate for ClassWriter
at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:1651)

Expert Contributor

Sqoop2 is going throgh a lot of changes and isn't supported in Hue in CDH 5.3.0. It should be in CDH 5.3.2 AFAIK.

The Sqoop1 command you are running have two different problems:

1. The postgresql jdbc driver jar isn't available on one of your nodes. This can be fixed by downloading it and putting it in /var/lib/sqoop.
  2. The problem seems to be some kind of SQL error. Could you add --verbose to your sqoop command? sqoop import --verbose ...

Expert Contributor

Hi abe,

I am getting new issue on hdfs,

sqoop is running fine and it creates an output directory on the given --target-dir path /xxx.........but the issue is I can see the directory on hdfs, but cannot access, when given hadoop fs -ls /xxx , it says no such file or directory.....Pls help me to resolve this issue 

Expert Contributor

Also when I tried to access it through Hue.....It says following

You are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser (which is "hdfs").

Expert Contributor
It seems like the job didn't run. Are you sure it finished? There should be task logs associated with your job. Could you check them for errors? Also, make sure --verbose is in your command for the best possible debug information.

Expert Contributor

Yes, the Job run successfully, but still I am unable to view the file as the directory which has it, doesnot open.......

sqoop ran successfully and retrieved 4 records, and also created the directory by itself when I specify explecitly from command line,

It is not allowing me to look into direcctory.......it says no such file or directory, but I can notice that it is present......something to do with permissions for hdfs??

Expert Contributor

From the CLI, Hadoop normally shows: "ls: Permission denied: user=admin..." if you don't have permission. What is your --target-dir set to?

Expert Contributor

You are right it should say permission denied, but strangely it says "No file or directory found" , but we can see that directory is present.....