Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Start sandbox container hang on CentOS 7.3

Explorer

On CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core), installed docker and sandbox, when attempted to start sandbox using start_sandbox-hdf.sh, it hangs on "Waiting for ambari agent to connect ......."

Any tip how to troubleshoot what is wrong with this installation?

HDP_2_6_1_docker_image_28_07_2017_14_42_40.tar is valid, and days ago I was able to install it and start on another same CentOS release without problem.

43671-xxp3p.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Weiren Ding

Could you open up start_sandbox-hdp.sh and look for a line (around line 101) that starts with "echo Waiting for ambari agent to ..."? The very next line probably has something like "... --user admin:4o12t0n ..."

Change the value after the colon to whatever password you set when you reset the ambari-server credentials. Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Weiren Ding

Could you open up start_sandbox-hdp.sh and look for a line (around line 101) that starts with "echo Waiting for ambari agent to ..."? The very next line probably has something like "... --user admin:4o12t0n ..."

Change the value after the colon to whatever password you set when you reset the ambari-server credentials. Let me know how it goes!

Explorer

Hi Edgar,

This is very first time I attempted to start it after "docker -load -i", haven't set/changed any password. And the script is using "-u raj_ops:raj_ops". Are you suggesting to ssh into container, reset admin password, modify script to replace raj_ops by admin, then stop container and re-run the script?

43721-cluyf.png

@Weiren Ding

Sorry for the confusion. The immediate problem here is that you're using the latest "start_sandbox-hdp.sh" script, which was meant for the latest version of the HDP sandbox (HDP 2.6.3). Since you're using the HDP 2.6.1 sandbox, they're not necessarily compatible. Since this is the first time you're deploying the sandbox, I'd suggest getting the latest sandbox (https://hortonworks.com/downloads/#sandbox).

Otherwise, if you want to stick with HDP 2.6.1, the startup script you want is here (but I recommend updating :p): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hortonworks/data-tutorials/21503170e85fe330beffdd95f984a323a18a5a4...

Explorer

Thanks! It works with 2.6.3. Didn't realize both script and sandbox were updated just a few days ago.