Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Startover with ambari HDP install

Master Guru

Once I finished configuring all placement of the services during install, i click deploy and it failed. Couldn't catch the failure.

Now when log into ambari i see this:

2710-2016-03-10-15-57-09.jpg

I click on launch install wizard and it takes me to home page of ambari:

2731-2016-03-10-15-57-32.jpg

Clearly none of the services got installed and it won't let me start over. it is very confused. I called the rest service to determine what cluster it thinks i have running:

curl -user admin:xxxx http://xxxxx.cloud.hortonworks.com/api/v1/clusters returning

curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Basically how do I start over?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

If nothing installed to the cluster you can do an ambari-server reset and start over effectively.

1. Stop Ambari Server

ambari-server stop

2. Reset Ambari Server

ambari-server reset

3. Start Start Ambari server

ambari-server start

I would verify that nothing got deployed to any of the hosts in the cluster prior to re-installing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

If nothing installed to the cluster you can do an ambari-server reset and start over effectively.

1. Stop Ambari Server

ambari-server stop

2. Reset Ambari Server

ambari-server reset

3. Start Start Ambari server

ambari-server start

I would verify that nothing got deployed to any of the hosts in the cluster prior to re-installing.

Master Mentor

Even if something did get deployed, you can reset and rerun the install. Once nodes register with ambari server, Ambari will report that it found binaries for hadoop and advise to run cleanup script. Additionally you could yum erase anything hdp.

@Sunile Manjee

We ran into a similar issue with a customer. To clean up you need to do the followin

Stop all services and run the cleanup script

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Host+Cleanup+for+Ambari+and+Stack

python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py You have elected to remove all users as well. If it is not intended then use option --skip "users". Do you want to continue [y/n] (n)

Run the above on each hosts.

Next you would want to do a ambari reset and follow the steps that Scott mentioned.