Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready

Rising Star

Hi folks,

I'm following HDP Hello World tutorial. In Lab 3 when I execute the PIG script by checking "Execute on Tez" checkbox I got the following error. I think I have a configuration issue.

Have an idea?

I've attached the log file.

Thanks

Özgür

[PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready 
 org.apache.tez.dag.api.TezUncheckedException: Invalid configuration of tez jars, tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.setupTezJarsLocalResources(TezClientUtils.java:168) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.getTezJarResources(TezClient.java:841) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.start(TezClient.java:380) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.createSession(TezSessionManager.java:96) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.getClient(TezSessionManager.java:211) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob.run(TezJob.java:158) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezLauncher$1.run(TezLauncher.java:195) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) 
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 
 2016-01-25 11:06:57,500 [PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob - Cannot submit DAG 

tezerror.txt

33 REPLIES 33

Rising Star

Hi @Neeraj Sabharwal did u have a chance to control the blueprint? I've news for you. My pig script runs in a non deterministic fashion. i ran about 15 times, 1/3 of successful, 2/3 failure with the same error). But i added tez class and jar paths to run it.do you have a cluster setup ?

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci has this been resolved? Can you post your solution or accept best answer?

Expert Contributor

The reason this exception comes because that the Pig needs a local Tez client, if its not available then this exception is thrown even though the tez.lib.uris is present and the hdfs has the tez.tar.gz under correct hdp release.

Rising Star

synchronize the Tez configurations on all nodes, and restart hiveserver2, it should work fine.