Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

The support matrix states PostgreSQL 10 or 9.6 are supported..... Is this a hard and fast rule or can we use 11.1 or 10.2 ???

Explorer

The support matrix states PostgreSQL 10.2 or 9.6 are supported..... Is this a hard and fast rule or can we use 11.1 or 10.2 ???

We are getting ready to stand up a new cluster and I wanted to stay on a fairly current version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Al Kirmer

Unfortunately its a hard and fast rule when it comes to paid support. HWX won't take responsibility or guarantee good functionality of your cluster or it's components. HWX does extensive testing before adding a third-party software/tool on its support list.

I am not an HW employee but I bet you will get the same response HWX could be in the process of certifying those versions but after the merge with Cloudera I am pretty sure there won't be any major releases until the new Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) new name for the next product is out sometime in or after 2020 currently there are teams involved in the integration and choice of the best products from both worlds HWX & CDH

HTH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

I meant to say it states 10 and 9.6 are supported....

Master Mentor

@Al Kirmer

Unfortunately its a hard and fast rule when it comes to paid support. HWX won't take responsibility or guarantee good functionality of your cluster or it's components. HWX does extensive testing before adding a third-party software/tool on its support list.

I am not an HW employee but I bet you will get the same response HWX could be in the process of certifying those versions but after the merge with Cloudera I am pretty sure there won't be any major releases until the new Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) new name for the next product is out sometime in or after 2020 currently there are teams involved in the integration and choice of the best products from both worlds HWX & CDH

HTH

Explorer

Thanks for the response...