Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to download CDH repository

New Contributor

Since 1 Feb 2021 all free links are changed. it ask for credentials but I do not know what to enter.

As CDH 5 was free to use for students. So now how to download that free version software.

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

Since January 01 2021, CDH 5 and 6 are behind paywall. You can download CDP trial version.

New Contributor

I am not getting how to generate Credentials and licence key. Could you help me.

I there any paid subscription that  I have to pay for to get that.

I only want CDH, Hive, Impala Free versions for testing

Hi @kc251997 

Cloudera recently changed the download policy. Yes, you must have a valid subscription in order to download the software.

Please see the announcement here: https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/paywall-expansion.html

…where the sentence most pertinent to your question ("I only want CDH, Hive, Impala Free versions for testing") is as follows:

Effective January 31, 2021, all Cloudera software will require a valid subscription and only be accessible via the paywall. This includes all legacy versions for Cloudera Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH), Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), Data Flow (HDF/CDF), and Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW).

Toward the end of that announcement, you will see a section titled Frequently Asked Questions which explains the credentials and how to properly obtain them if you don't have them already.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.