Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

User: ambari is not allowed to impersonate USERNAME??

I am trying to create a table from the tutorials. I was able to upload the Batting.csv file, but when I take the next step of creating the table to hold this file it gives me the error:

User: ambari is not allowed to impersonate USERNAME

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jeremy Salazar since the error states that the user is "ambari" you will need to add the following values to the HDFS custom core-site configuration:

hadoop.proxyuser.ambari.groups=*
hadoop.proxyuser.ambari.hosts=*

Once that's done you'll need to follow @Neeraj Sabharwal step and create your home directory and assign access.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Jeremy Salazar

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/_setup_HDFS_p...

Please see this guide. You have to set proxy user setting

also, after logging into vm as root

su - hdfs

hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/admin

hdfs dfs -chown -R admin:hdfs /user/admin

Ok I was able to achieve the first part in adding the property. I want to verify what I need to do for the next piece?

also, after logging into vm as root

su - hdfs

hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/admin

hdfs dfs -chown -R admin:hdfs /user/admin

Thank you for the help!

Master Mentor

I had to restart the hadoop01 host. Once that finished and everything was green I then tried to find the switch to hdfs system account user. I don't see where that is located within that Host?

Master Mentor

@Jeremy Salazar hdfs is service account...Login to namenode and you will find it there.

@Jeremy Salazar since the error states that the user is "ambari" you will need to add the following values to the HDFS custom core-site configuration:

hadoop.proxyuser.ambari.groups=*
hadoop.proxyuser.ambari.hosts=*

Once that's done you'll need to follow @Neeraj Sabharwal step and create your home directory and assign access.