Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is zookeeper base path and how it is get created?

Contributor

I would like to understand where is zookeeper base path is available and how do i check it?

in hbase-site.xml it is configured[zookeeper.znode.parent] as /hbase-secure, but i dont see any hdfs folders on that name.

Is it something automatically getting created? we are getting some weird error related to this path.

6 REPLIES 6

Super Guru

/hbase-secure is not hdfs path it is zk node, please check this zk node using zkCli

Contributor
@Rajkumar Singh

we are getting null pointer exception, when we try to access the table programmatically, but when we try with hbase console its working, what could be the issue? when i checked in zkcli get /hbase-secure, the data length is 0.

Super Guru

looks you have secure env, the reason of NPE could be accessiblity of your zknode, how you are accessing zk node.

Contributor

We are just trying to read the Hbase table using HortonWorks Hbase connector, we also tried newHadoopAPI, all are same problem.

bq. we are getting null pointer exception, when we try to access the table programmatically, but when we try with hbase console its working, what could be the issue?

can you check that your application also has same hbase-site.xml in classpath.

bq.when i checked in zkcli get /hbase-secure, the data length is 0

when you do "ls" on your parent znode /hbase-secure by using zkcli, you should see following nodes. if they don't exists ,it means your cluster if formatted or running on different znode.(check all znodes at root by doing "ls /")

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 1] ls /hbase-secure
 [meta-region-server, backup-masters, table, draining, region-in-transition, table-lock, running, master, namespace, hbaseid, online-snapshot, replication, splitWAL, recovering-regions, rs, flush-table-proc]

Guru

You should have hbase-site.xml in your classpath for the java application. Please read: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/4091/hbase-client-application-best-practices.html