Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin 0.6: Chrome not displaying Login element with authentication enabled

I am using the 0.60 Zeppelin binaries and I have enabled authentication using the directions here. In Firefox 41.0.1 (on OS X 10.11.5), as well as in Safari, I am seeing the expected behavior where users are required to login (the Login UI element renders in the upper right corner).

However, in Chrome 51.0.2704, this Login button does not render and I see no way to log in. I also see the following message in the Developer Console: http://127.0.0.1:9995/api/login Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Server Error). I am not seeing any errors in Firefox.

Should this be logged as an issue?

Chrome:

6043-screen-shot-2016-07-25-at-81127-am.png

Firefox:

6044-screen-shot-2016-07-25-at-81145-am.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@slachterman - In zeppelin-site.xml, try changing "zeppelin.server.addr" to the actual IP address of the host where it is running. Restart zeppelin and let us know how it goes!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

@slachterman - In zeppelin-site.xml, try changing "zeppelin.server.addr" to the actual IP address of the host where it is running. Restart zeppelin and let us know how it goes!

I am running this on the HDP Sandbox VM. I changed zeppelin.server.addr to sandbox.hortonworks.com, which is the /etc/hosts entry that points to 127.0.0.1 on my machine, and this resolved the issue in Chrome.