Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin hive jdbc postgresql HDP 2.6 not working

Explorer

I have installed Ambari 2.5 with HDP 2.6 in 3 nods. and I have tested Hive through Hive View, it works fine.

but when I try to query Hive with Zeppelin (find jdbc interpreter configuration in the image)14664-jdbc-conf.png

%jdbc 

show tables;

it fails with below:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unrecognized configuration parameter "tables"
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2270)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1998)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:255)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:570)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:406)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:398)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingStatement.execute(DelegatingStatement.java:291)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingStatement.execute(DelegatingStatement.java:291)
 at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.executeSql(JDBCInterpreter.java:580)
 at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.interpret(JDBCInterpreter.java:692)
 at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:94)
 at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:489)
 at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:175)
 at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.ParallelScheduler$JobRunner.run(ParallelScheduler.java:162)
 at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
 at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
 at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
@Ibrahim AlZuabi

Specify which interpreter to use with jdbc.

%jdbc(hive)

show tables;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator
@Ibrahim AlZuabi

Specify which interpreter to use with jdbc.

%jdbc(hive)

show tables;

Explorer

@rguruvannagari Thank you it works. I followed the hortonworks hello wold tutorial. it doesn't mentioned that.