Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ambari-agent failing to come up....

Rising Star

While starting the agent on a new node, I get the following:

Checking for previously running Ambari Agent...
Starting ambari-agent
Verifying ambari-agent process status...
ERROR: ambari-agent start failed. For more details, see /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.out:
====================
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/NetUtil.py", line 21, in <module>
    from HeartbeatHandlers import HeartbeatStopHandlers
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HeartbeatHandlers.py", line 21, in <module>
    from ambari_commons.exceptions import FatalException
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
    """
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/os_check.py", line 133, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/os_check.py", line 115, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/os_check.py", line 112, in initialize_data
Exception: Couldn't load 'os_family.json' file
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

fixed the issue. I realized that I uninstalled the ambari-server where some of the python libraries symobolic links where sill pointing to the ambari-server folder. recreated the symbolic links in the site-packages to point to ambari-agent folder and that fixed it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What OS are you running on?

Rising Star

fixed the issue. I realized that I uninstalled the ambari-server where some of the python libraries symobolic links where sill pointing to the ambari-server folder. recreated the symbolic links in the site-packages to point to ambari-agent folder and that fixed it.

Master Mentor

@Hassan Do you have commands handy? I did yum -y install ambari-agent and it fixed it

New Contributor

Just go and remove all ambari* from /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages, then

yum remove ambari-agent

yum install ambari-agent

Explorer

I ran into similar issue and did what Miraj said, it works!