Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

bench-marking and performance matrix test cases

Contributor

Hi I need to run some bench marking that will provide optimal performance for Write I/O, Read I/O CPU utilization, Memory Utilization. Is there any benchmarking suite available for hortonworks that I can use or If someone has any matrix to what and how to test that would be a great help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Syed Naqvi for HBase benchmarking, take a look at YCSB, there's benchmark tool Yahoo built for Streaming Engines benchmark as well. For purely hardware benchmarks, use DD test for disk, memtop for Memory, top for CPU and here's a way to do it for network, just posted today.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor
@Syed Naqvi

See this

Hive ...use this

You have to run your own benchmarks based on your cluster. If you run google search then you can find more data on benchmarks done by different users.

Master Mentor

@Syed Naqvi for HBase benchmarking, take a look at YCSB, there's benchmark tool Yahoo built for Streaming Engines benchmark as well. For purely hardware benchmarks, use DD test for disk, memtop for Memory, top for CPU and here's a way to do it for network, just posted today.

Master Guru

All suggestions above are good. Adding article on tools to use to benchmark the hardware. https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/56158/benchmark-your-hardware-for-hadoop-spark.htm...