Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

can not open Ambari UI

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I have 3 versions of HDP in oracle virtual box. The versions are 2.5, 2.6.5 and 3.0. When i start VM for HDP 3.0 the Ambari UI works fine. But after that if i start VM for HDP lower versions 2.5 or 2.6.5 i can not open Ambari UI. It shows Server error. Based on the requirement i need to use different versions of HDP.

How can i resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

Heta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@heta desai

You mentioned that "i can not open Ambari UI. It shows Server error."

Can you please share the exact error that you are getting? Also where do you see the error in Browser or in some logs?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@heta desai

You mentioned that "i can not open Ambari UI. It shows Server error."

Can you please share the exact error that you are getting? Also where do you see the error in Browser or in some logs?

Expert Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

In browser when i try to login to Ambari using login credentials it shows "server error".

Master Mentor

@heta desai

Can you please share the screenshot of the error that you are getting?

Also please share the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" output as soon as you see the ""server error".

Master Mentor

@heta desai

Also it might be related to browser caching issue as well.
So can you please try using the "Incognito Mode in Gogle Chrome" (Firefox: Private Mode) when you switch from one ambari version to another in the same browser.

NOTE: you can not run two HDP sandbox instances at the same time on the same laptop as it will cause port conflicts.

Expert Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

I can successfully login to Amabri in Incognito Mode in Gogle Chrome.

I am running one HDP sandbox instance at a time, but i am using different versions so i think the issue i was facing is due to caching.

Thank you so much.

Master Mentor

@heta desai
Good to know that the issue is resolved by using the browser in Incognito Mode to avoid caching issue.

It will be wonderful if you can mark the answer this HCC thread as "Answered" by clicking the "Accepted" button on the correct answer that way it will be useful for other users facing the same issue.