Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

create ADLS directory using PutZaureDataLakeStorage on NiFi

Explorer

Hi,

I am connecting to ADLS from NiFi using

PutAzureDataLakeStorage 1.21.0

How do I create a directory using this processor?
The document says a directory will be created if it dont exist.

But my processor is not creating the directory but its failing with error.
I am providing the directory as "devfolder"
"PutAzureDataLakeStorage PutAzureDataLakeStorage[id=ac451284-0924-383a-9840-06131cd20808] Failed to create file on Azure Data Lake Storage
reactor.core.Exceptions$ReactiveException: io.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out:"

do I have to do something special to create directories.

Also, if I set the directory to empty string the file gets created in the root of my ADLS container.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

@Samya,

You have an timeout error, meaning that your action took longer than expected to finish and hence the timeout. I suggest you to set the processor on DEBUG and see what gets written in your logs.

It could be that what you have set within your ADLSCredentialsControllerService (where you defined your identity) does not have all the required roles to perform this action 🙂
It could also be that you are trying to maybe create a folder with some strange characters and ADLS does not allow you to do that.

Nevertheless, to further debug your situation, set your log level for the processor on DEBUG and see what it writes as output in nifi-app.logs. You can start your analysis from there.

Explorer

It just gave this information in DEBUG.

"PutAzureDataLakeStorage DataLakeServiceClient is not found in the cache with the given credentials. Creating it."