Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

hbase user iis currently not available.

SOLVED Go to solution

hbase user iis currently not available.

New Contributor

1 I use CDH4.4.0 and CM4.4.7 to make my hadoop cluster.

2 I Sing in the hbase cluster mathine,the execute the commond 'su hbase'

3 the result is :This account is currently not available.

4 What`s the reason for this ? for safty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: hbase user iis currently not available.

Master Guru
You receive the error because the 'hbase' user does not have a login shell assigned to it.

You can set a shell for the 'hbase' user on the machine, to allow direct 'su' based login to that user, by following http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-set-bash-as-your-default-shell/

However, if your goal is to simply use the 'hbase' user for running superuser level commands, we instead recommend using 'sudo' style commands. For example:

~> sudo -u hbase hbase hbck
~> sudo -u hbase hbase shell

You can also invoke a shell as the 'hbase' user in certain cases, via:

~> sudo -u hbase /bin/bash
1 REPLY 1

Re: hbase user iis currently not available.

Master Guru
You receive the error because the 'hbase' user does not have a login shell assigned to it.

You can set a shell for the 'hbase' user on the machine, to allow direct 'su' based login to that user, by following http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-set-bash-as-your-default-shell/

However, if your goal is to simply use the 'hbase' user for running superuser level commands, we instead recommend using 'sudo' style commands. For example:

~> sudo -u hbase hbase hbck
~> sudo -u hbase hbase shell

You can also invoke a shell as the 'hbase' user in certain cases, via:

~> sudo -u hbase /bin/bash