Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

hive settings missing in ambari

Super Collaborator

upgraded from HDP 2.2 to HDP 2.3.4 and i couldn't see anything under hive where memory and other important parameters display in ambariscreen-shot-2016-01-20-at-53419-pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Neeraj Sabharwal @Predrag Monodic @Jonas Straub @Artem Ervits

thanks for looking at the post. I know this is strange issue. I did clear cache and did all the possible things..nothing helped...i opened a ticket with support and we learned it as a BUG. support forwarded this to Dev team to assist.

there is a weird workaround for this issue. to see the settings...i have to click on yarn first go to yarn config and click on hive which shows hive settings...yes it does work only if i follow above method.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Guru

Something is possibly wrong with your connection to Ambari server node, or with Ambari DB. Can you see "Settings" for other Hadoop components? What about the "Advanced" tab and Hive summary page, can you see them?

Master Mentor

@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati what version of Ambari is it?

According to the tag Ambari 2.2

Master Mentor

@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati

Clear the browser history and try again

restart ambari

if not working then you will have to open a support case

Super Collaborator

@Neeraj Sabharwal @Predrag Monodic @Jonas Straub @Artem Ervits

thanks for looking at the post. I know this is strange issue. I did clear cache and did all the possible things..nothing helped...i opened a ticket with support and we learned it as a BUG. support forwarded this to Dev team to assist.

there is a weird workaround for this issue. to see the settings...i have to click on yarn first go to yarn config and click on hive which shows hive settings...yes it does work only if i follow above method.

Master Guru

@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati Thanks for letting us know. Did you use rolling upgrade or express upgrade? Tnx.

Master Mentor